- Plots are 9 x 18 feet.
- Registration for plots will be available to previous year's gardeners the 1st Monday in February, and will open to the general public the 1st Monday in March.
- The garden opens the 1st Saturday in March.
- We're open to the public!
- Fill out the Community Garden Registration and Hold Harmless Form
- Deliver the completed form to the Family and MWR Recreation Office (Bldg. 44401, 44th St., Room 170, Fort Gordon)
- A registration appointment to review paperwork will be required
- Plot Registration Pricing
Season Price Spring Planting Season only (1 March-30 August) $25 Fall Planting Season only (1 July-30 December) $25 Full Season $40
Research has shown that community gardens help individuals and families connect, reduce stress, increase physical activity, share quality time in the outdoors, improve nutrition, and even save up to $1000 per year on grocery expenses.
Community gardens; especially military community gardens are special. A military community garden; in addition to all the expected benefits, can provide a sense of belonging, or "roots" – despite our nomadic military lifestyle. Research shows that military gardens can create a real sense of belonging and minimize turmoil associated with deployments and other long separations (Bowen, et al. 2003). Having a dedicated place to support growth (literally and figuratively) is a benefit, especially when considering space constraints in housing, dorms, or apartments.
The Fort Gordon Community Garden is a chemical-free, bird, bee and kid friendly garden. We are a teaching garden for Fort Gordon Child & Youth Services (CYS) programs. We also have support programs for all new gardeners and are a place to share garden tips and advice for every level of gardening experience.
The Fort Gordon Garden Club meets the 3rd Thursday of each month at 5 p.m. in the Fort Gordon Woodworth Consolidated Library. The club will also meet 1 Saturday each month at the community garden for special garden topics and practical workshops.
Interested in being a Section Host? One benefit is a subsidy to your plot fee. Check out the Section Host Agreement to see if this is for you.
Purchasing a Plot