- Plots are 9 x 18 feet.
- Registration for plots will be available to previous year's gardeners the 1st Monday in February, and will open to the general public the 1st Monday in March.
- The garden opens the 1st Saturday in March.
- We're open to the public!
- Fill out the Community Garden Registration and Hold Harmless Form
- Deliver the completed form to the Family and MWR Recreation Office (Bldg. 44401, 44th St., Room 170, Fort Gordon)
- A registration appointment to review paperwork will be required
- Plot Registration Pricing
Season Price Spring Planting Season only (1 March-30 August) $25 Fall Planting Season only (1 July-30 December) $25 Full Season $40
The Community Garden will be closed until further notice. We apologize for the inconvenience.
Research has shown that community gardens help individuals and families connect, reduce stress, increase physical activity, share quality time in the outdoors, improve nutrition, and even save up to $1000 per year on grocery expenses.
Community gardens; especially military community gardens are special. A military community garden; in addition to all the expected benefits, can provide a sense of belonging, or "roots" – despite our nomadic military lifestyle. Research shows that military gardens can create a real sense of belonging and minimize turmoil associated with deployments and other long separations (Bowen, et al. 2003). Having a dedicated place to support growth (literally and figuratively) is a benefit, especially when considering space constraints in housing, dorms, or apartments.
The Fort Gordon Community Garden is a chemical-free, bird, bee and kid friendly garden. We are a teaching garden for Fort Gordon Child & Youth Services (CYS) programs. We also have support programs for all new gardeners and are a place to share garden tips and advice for every level of gardening experience.
The Fort Gordon Garden Club meets the 3rd Thursday of each month at 5 p.m. in the Fort Gordon Woodworth Consolidated Library. The club will also meet 1 Saturday each month at the community garden for special garden topics and practical workshops.
Interested in being a Section Host? One benefit is a subsidy to your plot fee. Check out the Section Host Agreement to see if this is for you.
Purchasing a Plot