Date: Aug 11 2018, 9 a.m. - 9 p.m.
Do you have what it takes to win it all? Compete in the 1 v 1 Army Entertainment Esports Championship Series: Street Fighter V Tournament! Be one of the first 128 registrants to find out!
Registration will be held at Alternate Escapes Recreation Center on August 10th, 12 p.m. to 3 p.m, and August 11th, 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. The tournament begins at 1 p.m. on August 11th.
You must be Active Duty and at least 18 years old to participate.
Don't want to play? Come watch the tournament, enjoy free food, and enter for your chance to win lots of other prizes!
Can't make it in person? Watch the action online via our Twitch channel: ArmyEntertainment
The Fort Gordon winner will receive a prize package that includes the opportunity to represent their Garrison during the Army Entertainment Esports Championship Finals in Seattle at PAX West (lodging, airfare and transportation accommodations included), a two night stay at Mandalay Bay MGM Resort in Las Vegas, a custom branded jersey and a coin! Additionally, the Grand Champion will win a Street Fighter V branded prize package (including Van Guard Black Edition Mobile Gaming System, the game and a PS4), and a trophy values at over $2,500.
- The tournament will be an open competition for anyone eligible (at Army Entertainment's discretion) to register & participate.
- The tournament will use double-elimination bracket. Players who lose their first match will be granted one more opportunity to continue in the lower bracket. 2 Regular 128-player bracket (Estimate 6-8 hours)
- This format will be a 128-player double-elimination bracket.
- There will be a dedicated registration window (2-3 hours) where all players must register. Once the registration window closes, no more sign-ups are possible for the day.
- All registered players will be placed in a 128-player bracket. The bracket will then be cut into 8x little chunks (16-player brackets), called Pools (A-H).
- The tournament begins with Pool A and continue till Pool F.
- 2x players advance from each group. 1x from upper-bracket, 1x from lower-bracket.
- Once the "Pool" matches are completed, one final 32-player bracket will be played.
Tournament Rules General:
- Double Elimination Bracket
- Default Game settings
- 2/3 Rounds per game
- Match format
- Best-of-3 per match
- Best-of-5 per match starting in Top 8
- Winner must keep character, but may change V-Trigger prior to the losing player selecting their V-Trigger.
- Losing player may switch character and V-Trigger.
- Random stage select (players may opt for an agreed stage).
- The Grid, Kanzuki Beach, Skies of Honor, and Flamenco Tavern stages are banned from play. If these stages are randomly selected repeat random stage selection process until a tournament legal stage appears.
- A player must report to their pool 10 minutes before it starts to check-in. If you are not checked in and your match is called you will be disqualified from the winners bracket into the losers bracket. The tournament can run for about 6-8 hours.
- All macros available via in-game controller configuration menus are allowed.
- Hardware programmable input entry, rapid-fire and/or other hardware assisted advantages are banned from tournament use.
- Pausing during a Game at any time results in a round forfeit. A pause during a Game’s final round forfeits the Game. You may lose a Set on a forfeited Round. At the judges discretion this rule may be ignored if Inevitable Defeat is visible. Inevitable Defeat means that any Game paused during a Round, Game or Set ending move or animation will not count against the victorious player. Inevitable Defeat is only true if a judge unpaused the game and a player wins without additional input.
- The PlayStation DualShock 4 controller is legal for tournaments contested on the PlayStation 4. It is your responsibility as a competitor to desync controllers prior to your matches from the PlayStation 4's Devices menu in the system settings. Please take ownership of ensuring you have an uninterrupted experience.
- Conspiring with your fellow competitors is considered cheating. If the Tournament Directors determine that you have colluded to manipulate tournament results you will be immediately disqualified. Intentionally under-performing to advance a friend or teammate is collusion. Anyone disqualified in this manner forfeits all rights to titles, prizes, and bragging rights they would have earned. Determinations are made at the sole discretion of the Tournament Directors. Bracket runners and judges cannot, and will not, make this determination. Coaching
- You are allowed a single coach during your set. Your coach may not advise you during the match itself. Coaching between games in a set can last for no longer than 1 minute. Coaches who interfere with your opponent physically, or yell at them abusively, may lead to you being disqualified. Implementation of this punishment is at the Tournament Director's discretion.
- Players may bring their own pad controller or arcade stick to play on. This controller must adhere to tournament rules (no turbo button or game altering controller) and be available to you when your match is called.
Registration Hours at Alternate Escapes Recreation Center will be August 10th from 2 p.m. to 6 p.m. and August 11th from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m.
- Tel: +1 (706)791-0785
- Military DSN Tel: (312)780-0785