- Pontoon Boat Details
As of July 1, 2014, all persons born on or after January 1, 1998 that operate any motorized vessel on the waters of the state must have completed a boat education course approved by the department prior to such operation.
Reservations must be made at minimum three (3) days in advance. A credit card number is required when renting pontoon boats. Active Duty personnel may make reservations 1-180 days in advance. All other authorized users may make reservations 1-150 days in advance.
- Cancellations may be made 72 hours (3 days) or more prior to the scheduled boat rental departure time without penalty.
- Cancellations within 72 hours (3 days) of scheduled boat rental departure time shall be charged 50% of rental price.
- Cancellations due to no show shall be charged 100% of rental price with the credit card on file. No refunds will be issued due to inclement weather.
- Pointes West Army Resort reserves the right to cancel rentals due to mechanical problems or adverse weather conditions.
Mon-Thu Fri-Sun Rental by Hour Price $250* $300* $180 + $60/hr Time 10am-5pm 10am-5pm Min. 3 hrs
Price Day or Hour Rental Towable Tube $50 ALL
- A reservation will hold your pontoon boat for up to 1 hour after your scheduled departure time. After this time, your reservation will be canceled and considered a No Show and entire fee will be forfeited.
- Please arrive 30 minutes prior to the scheduled departure time. Rental time cannot be extended due to late arrival.
- Pets, open flames, cooking equipment and alcohol are prohibited.
- Each rental boat departs with a full tank of fuel. Customer is responsible for the refuel of the boat upon returning.
- If rented for a full day the boat must be returned NLT 5pm. If rented for (3) hours boat must be returned back upon the end of the allotted three hour rental time.
- $50 Late return fee applies for every 10 minutes late, no exceptions.
Using Pontoon Boat According to Georgia Boating Regulations:
- Wearing a Life Vest at all times!
- Always lower the Bimini Top when going under bridges.
- No jet skis allowed next to Pontoon Boat.
- Returning Pontoon Boat with all equipment in the same condition as when it was rented.
- Securing all of your items. Choose wisely which electronics you bring on the Pontoon Boat.
- Keeping the Pontoon Boat 100 feet away from the shoreline and other boats at all times.
- Do not bank pontoon $50 cleaning fee will apply if returned muddy, no exceptions.
Beach Equipment Rental
For your convenience, here at Pointes West Army Resort, we have two launching ramps that we offer for a minimal launch fee of $3/day.
|Beach Umbrella & (2) Chair Combo||$10/day|
*Day rate is for 10 a.m. to 6 p.m., Wednesday to Sunday during beach operating hours.
For more details, visit our Beach page.
Own a boat? No problem! For your convenience, here at Pointes West Army Resort, we have two launching ramps that we offer for a minimal launch fee of $3/day. Annual Boat Launch Passes are available from the main office.
|Amenity||Price (monthly rate)|
|Slips (covered & uncovered)||$150|
|Small Sheds (30’x10’ wide)||$80|
|Large Sheds (36’x14’ wide)||$95|
|Outdoor Storage Spaces||$30|
For more details, visit our Marina & Storage page.
|Canoe/Kayak/Jon Boat||$5/hr, $20/day|
|Stand-Up Paddle Boat||$7/hr, $25/day|
Pontoon Boat Rental
Pointes West now offers Pontoon Boat Rentals! Grab your family and friends for a fun and relaxing day out on the water on one of our 20’ pontoon boats. Renters must be 21 years of age with valid driver’s license and military ID card and credit card. Renters will be required to watch a ten minute boater education video and sign an orientation safety checklist before operating any rented vessel. This is required for all operators of a rented vessel. A maximum of seven (7) people on pontoon boat.
Camping Equipment Rental
|Equipment||Price (per day)|
|2 Man Tent||$10|
|4-6 Man Tent||$12|
For more details, visit our Camping page.
No need to search for a vendor to rent outdoor seating. Pointes West Army Resort now offers outdoor chair rentals. The prices are as follows:
Minimum Quantity: 20
Competitively priced, the rental price includes set up and removal fees.
The outdoor chair rentals are strictly for use on Pointes West Army Resort (Conference Center and/or Pavilions). Rentals beyond the boundaries of this installation are strictly prohibited.
Conference Center Rental
$600 per day*. $450 per day if using Gordon Conference and Catering. To receive the $150 discount for rental of the conference center, Gordon Conference and Catering must cater the full menu. Gordon Conference and Catering are the only personnel authorized to provide alcoholic beverages at any event.
*A day is considered 10 a.m. to midnight.
For more details, visit the Pointes West Conference Center page.
Novice to expert fishers are welcome to drop a line in our beautiful lake. Fishing is authorized in any area (except around the rental boat docks and the swimming area). Georgia and South Carolina fishing licenses are honored on the recreation area. Fishing licenses are required for patrons 16 and over. Fishing is not permitted in a rentable space (pavilion/campsite) without a paid reservation for said space.
Grill Masters who plan to show off their grillin' skills are welcome to rent one of our super charcoal grills for $50 a day. Contact customer service to make a reservation and have it positioned at a site of your choice, ready for use upon your arrival.
|Rainforest Obstacle Course||$125|
|Ultimate Obstacle Course||$200|
|Small (55 people)||$55/day|
|Medium (55-75 people)||$75/day|
|Large (76-100 people)||$100/day|
Pointes West has picnic areas throughout the property for small gatherings. They are complimentary and first come-first serve for authorized users. Most picnic areas feature picnic tables and a charcoal grill. Rentable spaces such as pavilions and campsites are not picnic areas, and require a rental fee to occupy. Larger gatherings of more than 10 people may be asked to move from a picnic area to a rentable space, such as a pavilion or primitive camping area. Rental fees will apply.
Here at Pointes West Army Resort, we love to make children happy and to hear their playful banter. Children are welcome to enjoy our new playground. Open from 10 a.m. to dusk. Pets are not permitted inside the playground fence under any circumstance.
All swimming at Pointes West is done at your own risk. Swimming is permitted anywhere on the property except where posted signage prohibits it where dangerous conditions may exist. Swimming is never permitted near the marina or boat launch areas.
Pointes West Swim Beach is open annually from Memorial Day through Labor Day Weekend. Beach attendants and/or lifeguards will be present as available from Wednesday-Sunday weekly, through the summer, and on the weekends through the month of August. The beachfront and roped-off swimming area is the only area actively monitored by Lifeguarding Staff. Please remember that all swimming at Pointes West is done at your own risk, and parents are responsible for any minors within in their group.